So I was just minding my own business downstairs and I looked out and WHOA, what did I see?
Hey, I better get over there and see who this dude is, he’s certainly not part of our tribe.
Hi there. My name is Lily. What’s your name. Oh, and I don’t think you want to be in the woods in our back yard, there are raccoons, skunks and even bears sometime. I see you have a collar on so I suggest you skedaddle back home my furiend. Nice to meet you though.
It’s Friday! Now I know that this day is one of great delight to humans who leave their felines at home and go to that place called “work” but for us cats, it’s just another day, As far as we are concerned, every day is Caturday. I’m doing this week’s fill ins and I hope you enjoy my answers. You can purrticipate by heading over to the hosts, 15andmeowing or Four Legged Fur Balls and join the blog hop. You are always welcome to opine about your fill in answers in the comment section of this blog post too.
Purrs & Head Bonks,
This Week’s Questions:
1. I have faith in ________________.
2. Yesterday, I ____________________.
3. My favorite place to be is _________.
4. If I was granted one wish, it would be _________.
Here Are My Answers:
1. I have faith in God. He created all the animals and I think He did a heck of a good job of it. I mean, look at me. As I said in our book about Psalm 104:24-25:
“God did indeed create a variety of creatures and every morning when the female human fills the bird feeder, I see them, large and small. I wonder if all kitties get to see so much of God’s creation. Do you humans appreciate God’s creation as much as I do? Maybe you need to find a wide window ledge to stretch out on and enjoy the wonder of what God has made.”
2. Yesterday, Ispent a great deal of time attending to my luxurious and immaculately white fur. Looking this good takes a lot of work!
3. My favorite place to be isanywhere there is sun or warmth. Even in the summer I like to find a warm, sunny spot.
4. If I was granted one wish, it would bethat every kitty would find a furever home! Alberto and I as well as the rest of The Tribe were adopted. These are our kitten pictures from our Adopt a Cat Month post.
Oliver here. The Tribe of Five is celebrating International Cat Day today. In order to salute our foreign feline friends we’ve been learning how to say “meow” in different languages. To my Greek furiends I say “Μιάου ” , to those majestic forest cats in Norway I say “mjau” and to the Turkish felines who are so loved in Turkey I say “miyav”. We made a little video to honor felines around the world, I hope you enjoy it.
Purrs & Head Bonks,
Happy Friday Furiends!
I’m doing the fill ins this week. It’s great fun! Our furiends 15andmeowing and Four-Legged Furballs are hosting this blog hop. In case you don’t know, a blog hop is when you hop on over to a hosting site and add the fill in answers from your blog. If you’re not feeling like hopping this week, we’d love to hear what your fill ins are and you can opine about them in our comments section.
Purrs & Head Bonks,
Here are this week’s fill in questions:
1. I tried __________________ and I liked it.
2. Am I the only one who ___________________?
3. _________ is my hero/heroine.
4. If I could eat only one food for the rest of my life, it would be _______
Here are my answers:
1. I triedwearing the Female Human’s jewelryand I liked it.
2. Am I the only one whosleeps better with a cuddle buddy?
3. Our local police/sheriff/fire department people are my heroes and heroines. (And I like to help them)
4. If I could eat only one food for the rest of my life, it would bestinky sardines in sauce. When The Male Human serves this delightful dish it’s a celebration! I eat so much I have to stretch out on the sofa to recover from my food stupor!
Alberto here. I am feeling the need to opine about this thing you humans call the “Tour de France” because it’s kind of a big deal around our house, especially with the Male Human. He gets up , feeds the Tribe and manages to get to the place he calls “work” to watch the Tour by 5:00am. Now this early schedule is of no consequence to me as I’ve had my breakfast and morning head scratch and I know there will be more petting after my early morning nap when the Female Human finally appears from the bedroom.
You may be asking, “Why is the Male Human so crazy about this ‘Tour de France’ thingy”? I think it’s because he likes to hop on his metal machine with the two skinny wheels and torture himself frequently, like those Tour humans. I find this kind of exertion baffling and so does the Female Human. She has her own metal machine with not so skinny wheels and a basket in the front. She has floated the idea of putting one of us in the basket but her lack of coordination and tepid attitude toward her own machine has me less than enthusiastic about the prospect, especially since she has been known to run into parked cars and mailboxes.
But I digress. I have some interest in the Tour de France because I am named after a famous Tour de France rider (now retired) named Alberto Contador. I am sure you can see the resemblance., he’s a lean mean biking machine and I am a lean, mean feline machine! I must say however, I am a bit dismayed by my namesake’s comment upon his retirement, he said, “I’ll gain weight and you’ll make jokes about it.” I want to say “Alberto, don’t let yourself go! Have you seen my brother Oliver?! ” I’m happy to report he’s kept his lean physique so far. If you want to learn more about Alberto (the human) you can watch this video on Youtube, The Best of Alberto Contador. If you want to know more about Alberto, the feline, just subscribe to our blog.
Alberto’s Fun Facts About The Tour
Those pedaling humans use a lot of water, more than 42,000 water bottles will be used this year.(I wonder what size litter box they need for so much water drinking)
The average cyclist will burn around 4,000-5,000 calories during each stage of the Tour (about 123,900 for the race). That translates into eating 252 McDonald’s double cheeseburgers. (Note to the Female Human, you may want to consider a little more peddling on your metal machine!)
There are 3.5 million watching the Tour de France on television around the world. (I’ve watched a little of it on our big black box, it’s definitely not as fun as watching birds and squirrels on the upstairs balcony).
The first winner of the Tour de France was Maurice Garin. He won in 1904 but was later disqualified for cheating after he was caught taking a train in the Alps. (This feline says “kudos” to him for his ingenuity!)
Still Not Sure…
Although I will respect the Male Human’s obsession with this Tour de France thingy I still don’t get it. From this feline’s point of view it’s far too much work for too little reward. I will say though that it’s pretty cool being named after a famous cyclist and much better than being named after say, the soccer player “Fat Ronaldo”!
Oliver here. I’m doing the fill ins this week, I hope you enjoy them! You can join the blog hop by visiting our friends 15 And Meowing or Four-Legged Furballs. If you just want to opine on our blog, you can always leave your fill ins in the comments of this post.
Purrs & Head Bonks,
This Week’s Fill Ins:
1. As a child, I feared ______________.
2. Friday the 13th _____________________.
3. I think _________ is my best quality.
4. You can’t go wrong with _________.
1. As a child, I feared starvation. I was the runt of the litter and felt like I never got enough to eat. (I realize that you’d never guess that to look at me now!)
Me as a kitten
2. Friday the 13th is a day to celebrate the beauty of black cats. This is Buster. He crossed the Rainbow Bridge before Alberto and I came to live with the Humans but I hear he was wonderful.
3. I think my luxurious fur coat and the heart over my eye are my best quality.
4. You can’t go wrong with a great profile shot in your portfolio.
A few weeks ago The Female Human went to the Cat Writer’s Association conference and we graciously allowed the Male Human to accompany her. The deal was, they would bring home our prize if we won and she’d learn how to be a better assistant to the Tribe. Imagine my dismay when I found out that the trip wasn’t always work. I am beside myself. Tell me what you think about this betrayal.
Purrs & Head Bonks,