Hi There Furiends,
I’m doing the fill-ins this week and I can’t wait to meow about my answers. This is a blog hop which means you can join via the link at the host’s sites at 15andmeowing and Four-Legged Fur Balls and hop around to other sites, read their answers and of course, opine about your thoughts on their answers.
Here are this week’s fill ins.
1. ______________ was a very good year.
2. There is nothing quite like _______________.
3. If I had a talk show, I would want to interview _________.
4. There is nothing I wouldn’t do for _________.
1. 2015was a very good year. That’s the year The Female Human became a foster failure and my brother Alberto and I found our furever home. Weren’t we cute?
2. There is nothing quite like watching the local woodland wildlife with my brother.
3. If I had a talk show, I would want to interview Jackson Galaxy. The Female Human is always meowing about him and how much he knows about felines. I’d like to talk to him and see if he could figure out all the crazy idiosyncrasies of The Tribe of Five.
4. There is nothing I wouldn’t do for my fellow members of The Tribe of Five…well, except maybe giving up my favorite spot on the sofa.
Hello Furiends, We’ve missed some of these Friday blog hops. The staff has been a bit preoccupied with other stuff although it is the contention of Tribe of Five that nothing is more important than our blog posts! I hope you enjoy my answers this week.
This is a blog hop meaning that you can hop on over to our furiends 15andmeowing and Four-Legged Furballs and enter your blog post. If you purrfer you can opine about your answers in our comment section. Purrs & Head Bonks,
Here are this week’s fill ins:
1. Superbowl Sunday ________________________.
2. __________________bores me.
3. If you have _________, you have everything.
4. My skill set could get me a job at _________.
Here are my answers:
1. Superbowl Sunday bores me.
2. Standard, typical cat poses bore me.
3. If you have a human who loves you and who wears fuzzy blankie PJs for you to stretch out on, you have everything.
4. My skill set could get me a job at a detective agency. I am the epitome of stealth.
Hello Furiends, I have my whiskers in a twist today. Staff has been slacking off this week. The Purrsonal Assistant says it’s because she’s been busy entering our blog, some photos, etc. in the #CWA (Cat Writer’s Association) contest. IMHO she had plenty of time to do that, get our social media done, feed us, clean our litter boxes, freshen our cat grass, go to the place she calls work……hmm, okay, maybe I’d better lighten up on The Purrsonal Assistant.
While I go give The Female Human (Purrsonal Assistant aka staff) an apologetic head bonk, I hope you will purruse these new listings and enjoy them. Purrs & Head Bonks,
I don’t know what to be excited about more….the information about the new Algonquin Hotel cat or the fact that I discovered a website called Hotels With Cats! The website is travel information for cat lovers, meowza, I love discovering new things.
But back to Hamlet. I’ve reported in the past about a previous Algonquin feline and I must say, that is one of the cushiest feline jobs ever. The Algonquin Cat custom has a long tradition. It is New York’s oldest working hotel and has had a feline mascot since a stray cat wandered in during the 1920’s. The name “Hamlet” was suggested by the actor John Barrymore and this is the name all the male cats have had. Female cats are called Matilda. The hotel has an executive assistant who also serves as Chief Cat Officer (a bit like our Female Human who also serves as our Purrsonal Assistant). Hamlet VIII has his own business card and also receives fan mail and presents from around the world is one lucky former feral rescue!
This feline DNA thing is pretty cool. You humans can find out about our ancestral roots, get a health report and see if our genetics influence our risk for certain health issues or if we’re carrying a genetic disorder (like Oliver who seems to be carrying the “fat” gene). And if that information isn’t fantastic enough you humans can also find out neat things about us like predictions about our purrsonality, whether we might be likely to form a catnip addiction and other fun facts. This Basepaws stuff is the cat’s meow!
A feline treadmill for $1800.00? I’m not so sure. We opined about snoopervising The Female Human when she set up her treadmill and our positions in the mat and machine pretty much say it all. This is as much effort as we care to exert (come to think of it, The Female Human hasn’t exerted much effort on that machine lately either).
Still, when I look at my roly poly brother I have to admit that the idea of some exercise for the little fellow might be a good idea. Meet The Little Cat, an exercise machine from South Korea’s Pet Ding. Now if you felines can get over the fact that this thing looks like a hamster wheel, it has some cool features. It’s pricey because it has all kinds of goodies like LED lights inside the wheel designed to attract the feline to the wheel and to keep the feline interested while he’s moving on it. And of course, there’s an app that goes with it as well. Humans get a live feed of the kitty work outs and they can also record their voice to encourage their kitty to move faster. The Little Cat is expected to be available for purchase in March. I think for now, I’ll just chase Oliver up and down the stairs for his daily exercise.
Oh how I love shelters that come up with innovative programs that help felines and humans too. Hermitage No-Kill Cat Shelter and Sanctuary in Tucson teamed up with the Southern Arizona Veterans Administration Health Care System (SAVAHCS) for the ‘Meows for Military’ program which is in its third year.
The Meows for Military program provides weekly cat visits to SAVAHCS. The felines are all chosen for this purrrticular mission of being Feline Ambassadors. The veterans and humans receive love and some of the felines even receive a furever home through the program. Animal assisted therapy is proven to be a success and helps humans lower blood pressure, decrease rates of depression and anxiety and promote healing. Meowza, I love this idea.
There are some funny photos here showing how many of my feline furiends attempt to keep away from the vet but I have to say, going to the place of white coats with the stabby people can be nerve wracking. The Tribe of Five used to hide until the people with the white coats where we go built a brand new, fearless practice. Oliver and I opined about this place and it is amazing. I would suggest that all my feline furiends talk to your humans and have them find a cat friendly place with white coats too.
Oliver here. I’m taking on the Friendly Fill Ins this week. I hope you enjoy my answers and I invite you to purrticipate in this blog hop by going to 15andMeowing or Four-Legged Furballs the hosts of this blog hop. You are also welcome to opine about your fill in answers on this blog post.
Purrs & Head Bonks,
This week’s questions:
1. One can _____________.
2. Given the choice of _______________ or _______________, I would pick _________________.
3. _________ makes me feel _________.
4. I never go a day without _________.
1. One canalways count on me to find and hog the best source of heat. The kitchen heat vent is my purrticular favorite.
2. Given the choice ofsnuggling with a human or snuggling with one of my feline siblings, I would pick neither and snuggle alone on my favorite down blanket.
3. Snuggling in my felted cat bedmakes me feelwarm and cozy.
4. I never go a day withoutguarding the house and snoopervising what’s going on in the woods around us. Here I am watching for leaves to chase. It’s a hard job but some feline has to do it!
Happy Fur-iday! And when it’s Fur-iday you know one of the Tribe of Five will be opining on Friendly Fill Ins. We couldn’t decide who would get to answer the fill ins so Olilver, Lily and I are all opining this week. This is a blog hop hosted by our furiends from 15andMeowing and Four-Legged Furballs. You can hop on over to their sites and join the fun or, if you prefer, you can opine in our comment form.
Purrs & Head Bonks,
Here are this week’s fill ins:
1. I have _______________ for ____________.
2. _________________ make me _____________________.
3. I’m surprised that _________.
4. To make a long story short, ________
Here are our answers:
1. Lily:I haveno patiencefor felines who are not well-read. The Caticons book is fantastic and we’re reading a new book we’ll be reviewing soon called Prancie’s Prayer.
2.Alberto: Being interrupted in the middle of my favorite TV showmakes mecranky!
3. Oliver:I’m surprised that giving The Female Human my saddest face has no affect on her when she sits at the counter having breakfast.
4. Oliver:To make a long story short, I underestimated my girth when I squeezed under the kitchen stool.
Happy Friday Furiends,
We’ve been celebrating #RememberMeThursday and have been quite busy spreading the world about adoption. Many of our online friends joined with us and it made me proud to see all their hard work.
If it’s Friday, you know it’s Friendly Fill In blog hop time #124 hosted by our furiends 15andMeowing and Four-Legged Furballs. We invite you to join the blog hop or, if you prefer, you can opine about your fill ins in our comment section.
Purrs & Head Bonks,
This week’s Fill Ins:
1. A ________________ will ___________________.
2. The best time of the day is __________________.
3. _________ is not my strong suit.
4. It’s all fun and games until _________.
1. Agood day willalways be made better when you find your purrfect sun spot!
2. The best time of the day iswhen The Humans go to the pantry and get us food (that’s me in front of the pantry providing a gentle reminder that it’s feeding time.)
3. Patienceis not my strong suit.
Hello! The water bowl is getting low!
4. It’s all fun and games untilsomeone sits in the rocking chair.